title="Chalfont St Giles Parish Council in Buckinghamshire">

How to report a problemTue, 22nd September 2020

How to report a problem

Street Lighting

Street lamps listed here are maintained by Chalfont St Giles Parish Council. Problems can be reported by emailing clerk@chalfontstgiles-pc.gov.uk or by phoning 01753 890517.

Lighting in Blizzards Yard car park is maintained by Chiltern District Council. Problems can be reported at parking@chiltern.gov.uk or by phoning 01494 732252.

Street lamps within the parish but not listed here are maintained by Buckinghamshire County Council. Problems can be reported at https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/transport-and-roads/report-a-problem/report-a-broken-streetlight/

Highway Problems

Other highway problems such as potholes, blocked drains or gullies, flooding,  broken/damaged street furniture and signs can be reported to Buckinghamshire County Council via their report it system at http://www.transportforbucks.net/report-it-general.aspx .  There is a facility for adding a photo to the report which could be useful when trying to explain the exact manner of the fault being reported.

Fly Tipping

Fly tipping can be reported to Buckinghamshire County Council at https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/waste-and-recycling/fly-tipping/ or by phoning 01296480771


Dog control falls within the responsibility of Chiltern District Council which maintains the dog bins around the Parish however the Parish pay for this service.

There are designated areas where it is an offence not to clear up your dog mess, in general these are the roads/pavements and verges adjoining the roads with speed limits of 40mph or less. The grassed area on Silver Hill and Bowstridge Lane recreation ground are also designated areas. Dog fouling can be reported at http://www.chiltern.gov.uk/dogfouling. Anyone can report a dog fouling issue.

Stray or lost dogs can be reported to the Dog Control Service on 01494 586503


The planning authority for Chalfont St Giles parish is Chiltern District Council.  The planning portal can be accessed here: https://isa.chiltern.gov.uk/online-applications/ where you can search by application number or address.

If you believe that there has been a breach in planning permissions you can report your suspicions to planning enforcement at http://www.chiltern.gov.uk/planning/enforcement

Play Areas

The Parish Council maintains two play areas, one on Pheasant Hill and the other at Bowstridge Lane Recreation Ground. The play areas are checked weekly for damage and wear and tear however any damage can be reported to clerk@chalfontstgiles-pc.gov.uk or on 01753 890517

Grass Cutting

The Parish Council are responsible for cutting the grass verges within the 30mph limits of the parish. We use contractors to perform six cuts per year starting when the grass begins to grow in April and ending approximately in October. The Parish Council also cut the grass on the Village Green, on Silver Hill, at the recreation ground at Bowstridge Lane and around the Village Pond and Riverside Walk.  If you have comments or complaints about grass cutting please contact clerk@chalfontstgiles-pc.gov.uk or call 017538 90517.
Outside the 30mph limit, TfB are responsible for grass cutting and any problems can be reported at http://www.transportforbucks.net/report-it-general.aspx.

Public Rights of Way

Public Rights of Way are the footpaths that are found around the parish.  If you have an issue with a footpath please report it to Buckinghamshire County Council at http://www.transportforbucks.net/report-it-prow.aspx .